You and your significant other can step into the heart of Africa at the magnificent Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge Resort. Be inspired by one of the largest collections of African art in the United States as you experience your own African safari adventure and dinner with a touch of Disney magic.
Dining Reservations at Jiko- The Cooking Place in Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge for 8:00 pm.
As Jiko – The Cooking Place is a Signature Dining restaurant, there is a dress code. Men may wear khakis, slacks, jeans or dress shorts and collared shirts. Sport coats are optional. Women may wear capri pants, skirts, dresses, jeans or dress shorts.
Not permitted in the dining room are tank tops, swimsuits, swimsuit cover-ups, hats for gentlemen, cut-offs, torn clothing and shirts with offensive language or graphics.
Disney passes or park tickets are NOT required for this evening.
How It Works:
1. Arrive at Disney’s Animal Kingdom Lodge – Jambo House at 6:30 pm. Tell the Security Officer that you are there for dinner. *There are 2 main areas of the resort, Jambo House, the main hotel, and Kidani Village, the smaller hotel area located at the top of the hill. Jambo House is the first hotel you come to when you pull onto the property. If you have questions, ask the security guard.
2. Once you park and enter the amazing resort, walk around the amazing main floor lobby and take in the sights and sounds of this incredible resort. There is a fireplace area, several sitting areas both inside and outside the lobby. And yes, you can actually watch Disney cartoons as well.
3. When you are finished exploring, make you way to Victoria Falls Lounge. The lounge is located one floor below the main lobby and you can easily walk down a flight of stairs or you can use the Guest Assistance ramps located at the far end of the lounge.
While you are at Victoria Falls you can start to smell the intoxicating aroma of Boma – Flavors of Africa, the buffet style restaurant located underneath Victoria Falls.
4. As you get closer to your dinner time, you should check in at Jiko – The Cooking Place to let them know you are there and ready. You can take this opportunity scout around a bit to see inside Boma – Flavors of Africa as well as pursue the recently updated menu for Jiko – The Cooking Place.
5. At Jiko – The Cooking Place you can discover a delicious blend of traditional African, Indian and Mediterranean cuisine. Steak, chicken, seafood, vegan and vegetarian dishes are infused with a uniquely bold blend of tantalizing flavors and fragrant spices.
Changing seasonally, the menu may include flavor bursting appetizers like imaginative brick oven-fired flatbreads and mouth-watering entrées such as oak-grilled filet mignon.
The children’s menu features pizza, grilled chicken or steak, and market-fresh fish served with ancient grains and vegetables.
Jiko – The Cooking Place also boast an incredible selection of wines from Africa that you can sample and enjoy!
6. After dinner, you are invited to walk though the glass doors and walk around the amazing Uzima Pool and make your way to the Savanna Overlook. Here you can discover over 30 species of African wildlife, including zebras, giraffes, gazelles, kudu and flamingos, but don’t worry that it’s nighttime, Disney Cast Members are there to offer you night vision goggles so you can see what’s out on the Savanna.
7. We suggest that you make you way back through the lobby and sit at one of the indoor or outdoor fireplaces. What’s more romantic than an exotic locale, sitting next to the one you love, starting at a roaring fire.
Let Us Know How It Goes
We have tried variations of this plan over the years, but use this as a guideline for how your evening unfolds.
We hope you enjoy yourselves and we would LOVE to know about your experience! Leave us a comment, and we will see you next week for an all new Disney Date Night Idea!