The weekend is coming…do you have Date Night plans yet? No worries, WDW Parkhoppers are here to help. Each week, we will suggest a GREAT night of fun and magic you and your significant other can share in and enjoy around Walt Disney World Resort.
This week, we will be enjoying the Key West Romance.
Experience the romance of the Florida Keys at Disney’s Old Key West Resort, this tranquil community of Conch Flats—a sprawling island hamlet with shimmering waterways, swaying palm trees and manicured golf-course fairways.
You will need a dining reservation for Olivia’s Cafe at Disney’s Old Key West Resort.
To make your dining reservations use your MyDisneyExperience App or call (407) WDW–DINE or (407) 939-
Disney passes or park tickets are NOT required for this evening.
How It Works
- Arrive at Disney’s Old Key West Resort an hour or so before dinner. You can arrive as early as you want to – if you want to explore first, give yourself enough time.
- If you want to make it more of an all-day event, you can take the complimentary walking tour of the history and storyline for Disney’s Old Key West Resort. The tour is every Wednesday and Saturday morning at 10 am and is called “The Legend of Conch Flats.” No advanced registration is required and begins in Papa’s Den, adjacent to the Lobby.
- Stop in to the Gurgling Suitcase Libations and Spirits for a cocktail. Try a Turtle Krawl, Sultry Seahorse or your drink of choice inside or by the pool. Wine and domestic and imported beer are also served.
- You can explore the lobby and surrounding areas and enjoy the tranquility. Explore the resort and discover all of the details the Imagineers built in to this “home away from home.”
- As dinner time approaches, make your way to Olivia’s Cafe, where dinnertime is a delicious time with pan-seared sea scallops, succulent barbecue pork ribs and New York strip steak. If you have any room left, you can’t go wrong with the key lime tart or the warm banana bread pudding sundae with bananas Foster topping.
- After dinner you can stroll around and experience Old Key West at evening time. It’s quiet, cozy, and truly reminiscence of Key West, Florida. Very romantic.
Know Before Your Go
Olivia’s Cafe is a casual dining restaurant, jeans, shorts, and short sleeve shirts are allowed.
Disney’s Old Key West Resort is just a short boat ride away from Disney Springs, so if you wanted to add another layer or romance, park at Disney Springs and take a romantic boat ride in to OKW Resort.
Who Was Olivia?
Olivia Farnsworth lived in a small cottage along Turtle Krawl, upwind of the strip. Almost daily, she would invite curious passersby who smelled her cooking to come on in and pull up a chair. People loved her vibrant flavors and earthy personality, and, before long, she found herself setting more tables. Eventually, Olivia opened the doors to her eponymous cafe, which has been a haven for locals and a must-visit for out-of-towners ever since.
Let Us Know How It Goes
We have tried variations of this plan over the years, but use this as a guideline for how your evening unfolds.
We hope you enjoy yourselves and we would LOVE to know about your experience! Leave us a comment, and we will see you next week for an all new Disney Date Night Idea!