The weekend is coming…do you have Date Night plans yet? No worries, WDW Parkhoppers is here to help. Each week, we will suggest a GREAT night of fun and magic that you and your significant other can share in and enjoy around Walt Disney World Resort.
This week, we will be enjoying Pizza and Ice cream On the Boardwalk.
As the sun goes down and the lights on Disney’s Boardwalk come on, guests, entertainers, and magic begin to fill the air. What better way to spend an evening of romance and pixie dust than strolling around Disney’s Boardwalk Resort including cocktails, fresh baked pizza, and some of the best ice cream at Walt Disney World.
Disney passes or park tickets are NOT required for this evening.
There are no reservations needed.
How It Works
- The entire idea behind this Disney Date Night is to go at your own pace. Once you arrive at Disney’s Boardwalk Resort, make your way down to the Boardwalk area and get your bearings.
- If you would like to start your evening with a cocktail, we suggest a visit to Abracadabar, one of the Boardwalk’s newest adult watering holes. According to Boardwalk lore, prestidigitators would gather here after nearly every show, often staying up all night as they attempted to out-charm each other with extraordinary tricks before gathering at the bar to conjure up new cocktails. Abracadbar is located next door to the Flying Fish.
- When you start to get hungry step over to the Pizza Window right outside of Trattoria al Forno. You can enjoy a hot slice in hand, or order a whole pie if you’re both extra hungry. Take your pick from cheese, pepperoni or the Boardwalk Signature Pizza, and then wash it down with draft beer, sangria or soft drinks.
- After you finish your dinner, it’s time to walk to the other side of the lagoon. Along the way, you can enjoy a variety of live entertainers, shopping, and even some carnival games. You may choose to walk but if the weather disagrees with your plans, you can take a ride on one of Disney’s Friend Ships. They leave roughly every 10 to 15 minutes.
- Once you arrive at Disney’s Beach Club, make your way to Beaches and Cream Soda Shop. Here you will find all your childhood favorites plus some new showstoppers. Grow starry-eyed over the Milky Way Sundae, say yes to the No Way Jose or consider throwing in the towel once you get a load of the Kitchen Sink: 8 scoops of ice cream smothered in every topping they have. For ice cream lovers, this is the perfect dessert for any date night.
- Once you finish your dessert, you can continue to stroll around the walkway to make your way back to the Boardwalk. If you time it right, you may even be able to watch Illuminations: Reflections of Earth from a completely unique vantage point as it fills the sky over Epcot.
Know Before Your Go
While dining reservations are not required, you will need to check in with the guard so you can park at Disney’s Boardwalk.
You may also find it easier to grab an Uber of Lyft to the resort for your Disney Date Night.
Let Us Know How It Goes
We have tried variations of this plan over the years, but use this as a guideline for how your evening unfolds.
We hope you enjoy yourselves and we would LOVE to know about your experience! Leave us a comment, and we will see you next week for an all new Disney Date Night Idea!
All Photos ©Disney