The weekend is coming…do you have Date Night plans yet? No worries, WDW Parkhoppers are here to help. Each Thursday, we will suggest a GREAT night of fun and magic you and your significant other can share in and enjoy around Walt Disney World Resort.
You will need a dining reservation for Artist Point at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge 1 1/2 – 2 hours prior to fireworks at the Magic Kingdom. Check for times on the MyDisneyExperience App or here.
To make your dining reservations use your MyDisneyExperience App or call (407) WDW–DINE or (407) 939-3463.
Disney passes or park tickets are NOT required for this evening.
How It Works:
- Arrive at Disney’s Wilderness Lodge an hour or so before your reservation. If your dinner is at 7:00, we suggest arriving around 5:30.
- Once you enter the Lodge, feel free to explore the main lobby where you’ll discover towering totem poles, headdresses and more, and enjoy the rustic elegance of the stone hearth and roaring fireplace.
- If the weather is nice, make your way outside to the new Geyser Point Bar and Grill for a cocktail. The views of Bay Lake here are breathtaking and worth the walk. It’s open air, so dress accordingly.
- If the weather is not accommodating, step in to the Territory Lounge (a WDW Parkhoppers favorite). It’s rustic charm and friendly staff make this a wonderful place for a drink prior to dinner.
- As your reservation time arrives, make your way to Artist Point for dinner. Ornate iron lanterns—suspended from tremendous timber columns—add to the picturesque charm and invite you to relax in the warm ambiance of a dining room imbued with the spirit of cherished National Park lodges. Don’t forget dessert, it’s incredible! For more information click here.
- After dinner, stroll outside (weather permitting) for a spectacular view of the nighttime fireworks from the Magic Kingdom. A truly unique perspective with the view of Disney’s Contemporary Resort, Bay Lake Tower, and the surrounding wilderness.
- If you time it correctly, you can also watch the Electrical Water Pageant beginning at 9:30 PM. This nighttime parade invites you to delight to a variety of Disney tunes as the sea creatures are joined by flashing American flags—complete with twinkling stars! Don’t miss your chance to enjoy a stirring and inspirational medley of patriotic songs, all while stars and stripes float along the shimmering lagoon surface!
- Afterwards feel free to explore the lodge, both inside and out, or cozy up to the rustic fireplace in some comfy chairs. If you ask a Cast Member, there is a “super secret” fireplace area on the second floor overlooking the lodge lobby that has an incredibly romantic fireplace and the perfect place to end your evening.
Know Before You Go
At this Signature Dining experience, guests to Artist Point are requested to adhere to the dress code. Men may wear khakis, slacks, jeans or dress shorts and collared shirts. Sport coats are optional. Women may wear Capri pants, skirts, dresses, jeans or dress shorts.
Not permitted in the dining room are tank tops, swimsuits, swimsuit cover-ups, hats for gentlemen, cut-offs, torn clothing and shirts with offensive language or graphics.
Let Us Know How It Goes
We have tried variations of this plan over the years, but use this as a guideline for how your evening unfolds.
We hope you enjoy yourselves and we would LOVE to know about your experience! Leave us a comment, and we will see you next week for an all new Disney Date Night Idea!