The weekend is coming…do you have Date Night plans yet? No worries, WDW Parkhoppers are here to help. Each week, we will suggest a GREAT night of fun and magic you and your significant other can share in and enjoy around Walt Disney World Resort.
This week, we will be enjoying the Strolling Around The Springs.
With the new expansion and transformation of Downtown Disney into Disney Springs, there is a wide variety of shopping, entertainment, and dining options to enjoy. Enough options to make several Disney Date Nights that would all be different, enjoyable, and very romantic.
You will need a dining reservation at one of the many restaurants located at Disney Springs.
The idea for this Disney Date Night is a progressive experience, meaning cocktails at one location, appetizers at another location, dinner at another, and dessert at one more location. You may choose to make a dinner reservation at one of the more popular restaurants during busy times of year, but depending on the season and time of day, you can often walk in with minimal wait times.
For this example, we are going to assume you will be dining at STK Orlando, one of our favorites, at 7:30 pm.
To make your dining reservations use your MyDisneyExperience App or call (407) WDW–DINE or (407) 939-
Disney passes or park tickets are NOT required for this evening.
How It Works
- You will want to arrive at Disney Springs around 5:00 pm giving yourself enough time to park and walk to your first destination.
- Arrive at Jock Lindsay’s Hangar Bar for cocktails. They have a wide variety of spirits, beers, and wine along with some signature drinks as well. Here you can quench your thirst for action at this 1940s airplane hangar turned dive bar—ex-home of Indiana Jones’ sidekick and pilot, Jock Lindsay. Just keep an eye out for Reggie…his pet snake.
- After you’ve relaxed and chatted for a while, step out and head next door to The Boathouse for appetizers. Ask if you can sit outside at the bar on the water surrounded by a world-class collection of watercraft. Boathouse Harbor Master festivities throughout the day and evening offer even more nostalgic charm, with flag ceremonies and lively bugle standards performed aboard the Lady Rose. Try the lobster cocktail or yellowfin tuna poke, they are incredible.
- As your dinner time arrives, take a short walk up the hill to STK Orlando, a chic hideaway for an ultra-modern steakhouse experience—featuring an innovative menu, in-house DJ and a stunning outdoor patio, our choice for your dining location. Diverse entrées range from glazed beef short ribs, chili rubbed rack of lamb and grilled lobster rockefeller. But of course, the main stars of the menu are the juicy steaks. Savory side options include creamy Yukon potatoes, sweet corn pudding and parmesan truffle fries round out your meal. In a word, incredible!
- After dinner, take a walk to Lake Buena Vista and walk along the shore. You can watch the Friendships sail by and also see a stunning view of Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort. There are several shops to visit as well as you prepare for your final course.
- You can also take advantage of the various entertainment options available throughout Disney Springs. Singers and musicians are positioned at various locations and add another layer to your romantic evening.
- Nothing says romance like chocolate…cupcakes. Sprinkles at Disney Springs is a wonderland of gourmet cupcakes baked fresh daily with unique flavors and high-quality ingredients. With cupcakes, ice cream, and cookies available in regular and gluten-free options, you are sure to find an amazing sweet treat to end your Disney Date Night. We suggest you enjoy a couple of different flavors as you sit on the back deck overlooking the Springs enjoying your evening together.
- Finish out your evening Strolling Around The Springs window shopping or just enjoying spending time together.
Know Before Your Go
Parking is free at Disney Springs. There are several parking decks and lots available. You can also use Disney Transportation from any of the resort hotels. You can also use Uber and Lyft.
While Disney Springs is very casual (shorts, t-shirts, etc.), you may choose to dress up a touch nicer. Remember you will have to do a lot of walking around Disney Springs and it is all outdoors, so dress accordingly. None of the restaurants have dress codes other than shirt and shoes required.
Let Us Know How It Goes
We have tried variations of this plan over the years, but use this as a guideline for how your evening unfolds.
We hope you enjoy yourselves and we would LOVE to know about your experience! Leave us a comment, and we will see you next week for an all new Disney Date Night Idea!
All Photos ©Disney